What is the ‘Administration Fee?
Grays has introduced a new fee (called an ‘Administration’ Fee) payable by purchasers for all invoices produced by Grays for sales which commence on and from 5:00 am (AEDT) on Monday 28 March. This fee applies to each of Grays sales types (including, Online Auctions, Pass-in Sales, Make an Offer sales, and ‘Buy Now’ sales, further details of which are contained in the Grays User Agreement).
This fee covers Grays ‘Administration’ related costs and expenses associated with the items purchased that are contained in your invoice.
The amount of the fee payable will be calculated by Grays and then displayed on grays.com by Grays when you enter either:
- the confirm bid stage of the bidding process for Online Auctions and Pass-in Sales, as applicable;
- the confirm offer stage of the offer process for Make an Offer sales; or
- the buy confirmation page for ‘buy now
The amount of the fee payable by a purchaser is dependent on the Winner’s Bid Amount, Winner’s Pass-in Bid Amount, Winner’s Offer Amount or for ‘Buy Now’ Sales, the purchase price (each of which is referred to as a “Sale Amount” for the purposes of these FAQ) of each individual item. The fee is equal to:
- $2.50 for an item with a Sale Amount equal to or less than $100; or
- $9.00 for an item with a Sale Amount greater than $100 but equal to or less than $1,000; or
- $25.00 for an item with a Sale Amount greater than $1,000.
Administration Fees above are GST Exclusive, GST will be added to these amounts.
- Please refer to Grays’ Australian User Agreement for the definition of “Winner’s Bid Amount”, “Winner’s Pass-in Bid Amount” and “Winner’s Offer Amount”.
- This fee is subject to change and may be reviewed and/or amended by Grays