Placing an Autobid is an easy way of continuing to bid if you are too busy or just away from your computer.
How Autobids work
Select the maximum amount you're willing to pay for the item(s) you are bidding on. Once you have confirmed a bid, you are committed to paying up to your maximum bid for each item.
The Grays Autobid system does the work for you by comparing your bid to other bidders and increasing your bid by increments up to your maximum bid amount to win the sale.
If someone bids higher than your maximum amount, you will receive a "You have been outbid" email. You can then decide whether or not to increase your maximum amount. Note: It must be done before the sale ends.
How to Place an Autobid?
To place an Autobid, please ensure you are registered with Grays and have signed in before placing a bid.
- Select the Autobid function by clicking on the circle next to auto-bid
- Select the maximum bid price you are willing to pay for each item from the drop-down menu
- Click place bid
- Check the details are correct and confirm the bid
If you would like to increase your Autobid or bid quantity:
- Go to the lot page you are currently winning
- Select a quantity that is either your current bid quantity or higher; you cannot reduce the quantity you are bidding on until you have been outbid
- Select an Autobid amount that is higher than your current Autobid
- Make sure you select 'Autobid' as the bid type every time you update your bid
- Click on the place bid button (Other bidders cannot view your maximum Autobid price).
IMPORTANT: The bid amount you select for your auto bid is per item, if you are bidding on more than one item, please take the total price including freight and buyers premium into consideration before committing to the sale.